Sunday, February 26, 2012

Object Activist Needs Criminal Damage Ideas


So in 2008 an Object activist asked for support and ideas to help counter the presence of 'For Your Eyes Only' in Islington, London. the posting is really quite ridiculous, but nonetheless I have some observations to make...


'....scowling and quietly heckling the meathead bouncers outside....'

I appreciated the posters bigoted views towards club security staff and lets face it they work for a lapdancing club, so they must be scummy people. What is 'quiet heckling'?

'.....vowing to heckle any men I see entering or leaving the club....'

May I point the writer toward the Public Order Act 1986, the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.


'.......stickering I could put on club doors........'

Doesn't this kind of thing come under the Criminal Damage Act 1971?

The issue that concerns me with these kind of postings, is the willingness of the writers to break the law. it always starts small, but where does it end up?

In this case there were no replies to the request  for help and I imagine if any activity was discussed it took place e-mail. Still, if any branch of 'For Your Eyes Only' has suffered any acts vandalism, I will happily pass over any details I have to their legal representatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment