Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dancers Speak Out - Tower Hamlets


This is going to be a very important meeting, because it is another clear sign that people are getting organised and fighting the anti-feminist campaigners and their apologists. I will be at this meeting and will be blogging about it tomorrow. Speakers include trade union representatives, dancers and a local vicar.

We are hopeful that no one will decide that the meeting should be disrupted and that our freedom of speech and right of expression will not be violated. Finally I am sure that dancers throughout the country are with us on this issue and your support, even an e-mail or blog comment, would be more than welcome...

8 comments:

  1. Best of Luck Guys.. Cant believe we have to fight so hard for something that is Legal and our basic rights.
    All of us from Portsmouth are behind you. Looking forward to the blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for your support. If all goes to plan my report will be up at around midday on thursday 19th. Nothing else to be posted today as I have an immense amount of stuff to do and I'm not even organising the venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck - we are 100% behind you! I hope the council will finally understand how important it is for us to keep lap dancing clubs in Portsmouth open. Waiting for the updates and hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Portsmouth

      Just returned from the meeting and it went very well. Somewhat tired and I have to compile my notes in order, but what I can say is that we have serious union support and if that can happen in Tower Hamlets, it can happen in Portsmouth as well.

      Delete
    2. Some important issues were raised at yesterday's meeting...

      Delete
  4. Hello There

    So my posting target of midday today is not going to happen, largely because I want to check a few things before I commit them to the blog. A lot was said and a lot happened and if I am right about what I heard, last night could be the tipping point in our favour against the anti-feminist, prohibitionist campaign. So I apologise for the delay, but I do want to get my facts right first...

    Chasmal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strong words there.
      Look forward to reading this.

      Delete
    2. Ok. Where we are is that I wanted to get the approval, if you will, of two of the participants in terms of the accuracy of what I have written. The first has approved and I am awaiting the second to get back to me. It means a delay, but I hope that from what you read, you will consider the delay to be worth the wait.

      In the interim, you can have a look at the first part of a of an essay that I have been planning for a while now....

      Delete