Sunday, December 9, 2012

Moving Forward: One Year of StrippingTheIllusion

StrippingTheIllusion is approaching its first anniversary and as such I think this is a good time to see where we need to go as a blog. You will have noticed that over the past few months, my input has been sporadic to say the least. There is a reason for this, I am about to embark on a new project that will for the foreseeable future take up much of my time. So the blog will go one of two ways, either postings will become rare and over time we're just going to gather dust and wither away or there is the second outcome, where people start to contribute articles.

TonyN has been a brilliant contributor, his analysis of Hubbard makes great reading and I have little doubt that we will see more articles from him in the future. Also I recently received an e-mail from a dancer who wants to submit some pieces as well and I have to say that this is very welcome. To date the only dancer that  has produced articles has been Edie LaMort and her excellent work could really do with being complemented by contributions from other dancers.

In the light of the defeats inflicted upon the prohibitionists, we have an opportunity to help make the public understand what the industry is really about, an opportunity to counter the smears, lies and hatred spouted by groups such as Object and UK Feminista. We need dancers to submit articles to help us succeed in this objective. Lets face it, if every club is closed down, all it means for me is that I won't  have a place to go for a beer, for others it means being unemployed and having their plans uprooted and damaged.

I want the blog to be more representative of the strip tease subculture and if it is to achieve this objective, it needs contributions from people other than a handful of customers and one dancer.

I look forward to hearing from you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment